Donnerstag, 6. September 2012

acclimatization

(not only for the humid climate...)

Finally arriving the main bus station in La Laguna (Intercambiador) I was relieved to see Santa, my mentor, already waiting for picking me up… of course, knowing her only through facebook so far  I didn´t recognize her.  For her it was much easier, I guess; with my baggage, my lost gaze, the obvious fatigue and all! Two more girls arrived for helping carrying my baggage and when we reached the flat some minutes later, I felt immediately comfortable! My room went with me: white walls, a window and Spartan furniture: everything I liked about southern accommodations. At this time there has been only one thing I was a little bit concerned about: How should I ever cope with the bus network not to mention finding my flat again in this huge city’s street chaos?!  For relaxing the rest of the day and get to know each other we went straight to the beach and enjoyed the hot rays of the afternoon sun…
The last girl of our flat share arrived the next morning- eventually! Everybody´s curious about each other and after exchanging the most important things (origin, level of Spanish language, age and previous experiences as voluntary) we start removing spiders (3 spiders just from the bathroom!) and cleaning everything from windows to cupboards. Our first common activity :D After visiting IKEA several days later –armed with trolley, backpack and sundry bags- and buying the most necessary things (i.e. cupboard boards ; ) our flat already gives us a certain domestic feeling. Especially after hanging up some personal pictures in my own room.

Result:  The two most important points for starting a new phase of life in a foreign surrounding are
1. Finding a new home / place to withdraw oneself (done) and
2. Get to know the people with whom you will live for the coming months (started)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen